Gabriel House

Gabriel House was built in 1904 as the residence of Muhlenberg’s president; the first resident was the College’s longest-serving president, John A.W. Haas, and the last was Erling Jensen, who moved to the current president’s residence in the 1960s. Gabriel House served as the home of Admissions in the interim; currently, it houses the Wescoe School, the College’s continuing adult education program.

The Gabriel House by Jesse Honigberg

Named after revolutionary figure John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg, the Gabriel House currently is home to the Wescoe School for evening and summer studies. The Gabriel House is a true campus landmark, being one of Muhlenberg’s three original buildings. Presidents such as John A.W Haas, Levering Tyson, and J. Conrad Seegers lived there. Each of them were influential forces to Muhlenberg College, shaping the school into what it is today.