The Dining Commons
The Dining Commons was built in 1915, and was expanded in 1943 to accommodate the influx of Navy V-12 students. Over time, it has housed academic departments including anthropology and art, and current residents are WMUH, Media-Communications and Film Studies, and housekeeping.
From Dining Commons to Walson Hall by Benjamin Applegate
Named after its benefactor, John Walson of Service Electric Cable Service renown, Walson Hall has a storied history and service to Muhlenberg College. Built in 1912, the building was originally known as The Commons as a dining service. Over time, the building has served as a mess hall during WW II, studio space for the art department and, currently the college radio station and the Department of Media – Communication.